TeleConsulting with Medici
Remote Consulting for Current Clients
North East Farm & Family Mobile Veterinary Service, LLC has been on the road for nearing 8 years. We had not figured out how to be multiple places at the same time as needs arise last minute until we found Medici.
What is Medici? Medici is an App that is for your smart phone or computer where you can connect with Dr. Pearson for scheduled consults from the comfort of your own home, barn, trailer, yacht or spaceship (forgive the little joke). Medici is American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) approved and specially designed for secure, high quality medical consultation. We can send messages back and forth, trade pictures, diagnostic results and even video chat about animal health! How cool is that?! The conversations can then be transferred securely into your animals medical record.
This magical medical connection is the most affordable, user friendly and AVMA approved means we have to see our current patients at short notice.
To stay in compliance with AVMA guidelines and provide the best service possible here are the rules.
THE RULES OF MEDICI PLEASE READ
1. If we have not put boots on the ground at your residence or seen the animal needing consult in the past 365 days we cannot do a Medici Consult. It is the law, end of story. Please don't ask us and make us have to say "NO".
2. Consults can be requested through the Medici App and we will schedule as best we can to accommodate.
3. Large Animal Farm Consults for emergency service are available BUT we may start a consult only to say, we need to come out or your animal needs to come to the office".
4. We cannot talk you through medical procedures like surgeries, dehorning, disbudding, castration etc. There are many reasons legal and ethical this will not be done. Please don't ask us and make us have to say "NO".
5. PLEASE DO schedule a consult for recheck/follow-up appointments, conversations about minor concerns, first aid, nutrition, management strategy and triaging issues. WE ARE HERE TO HELP and we are excited to use Medici to help provide it.
1. What will I be charged for this service?
For this service we charge only $40 per teleconsult. If you have to bring your animal in or schedule an appointment, $20 is put towards your balance.
2. Will I always be charged when I use Medici.
No. If you have a question needing to clarify something from a recent appointment we do not charge for this service.
3. What happens if my consult is over scheduled time?
Consults are charged in blocks. If a consult takes longer it will be rounded to the nearest 10 minute interval. TeleConsults start at $40.